IP Network and Service Integration Engineer
Dar es salaam,
Dar es salaam, Tanzania
Fintech Service Integration, Architecture and Planning of International IP Networks supporting Internet and Private VPN layer 2/3 Services.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership• Work on numerous Greenfield projects, holding some of the responsibility to both design and implement the infrastructures, environments and solutions,
• To understand and document the essential components of core networks provided by Company and their associated change control processes and SLA’s.
• To use the above to be able to design end to end network changes in order to support the creation of new application services.
• To be able to effect network changes either hands on, through change process or by directing others.
• To be able to test and sign off network changes performed for projects.
• To understand network availability and performance monitoring and ensure that best practice is applied in these areas to ensure the continuity and safety of our services
• To understand network security including VPNs, certificates and encryption mechanisms and how they can be applied for safe communication of data.
• To identify areas where security or other attributes could be improved and use exception and risk logs to track their improvements
• Communicate between partner overseas software development teams and local customers.
• Define system specifications, input/output processes and hardware or software compatibility.
• Engage in subsystems’ design analysis and integrate with overall system.
• Extend technical support during preparation, installation and system maintenance.
• Create professional technical documentations and present for internal and external use.
• Code integration activities and perform branch integration.
• Systems and developer workspace management.
• Develop and automate change validation to tools before roll out and handle validation.
• Evaluate, select, roll out and support off-shelf tools to improve partner productivity.
• Execute and upgrade integrated interfaces.
• Assist clients to test integrated interfaces
Core competencies, knowledge and experience• Deep knowledge of Internet and IP/MPLS Network technology. Specifically, Broad and deep technical knowledge of the following as a minimum:
MPLS (LDP, RSVP, fast re-route, Segment Routing), BGP, ISIS, OSPF, Ethernet (inc. QoS & OAM), L2 & L3 VPNs IP-QoS, BNGs, IP Multicast, PPP, L2TP, 3rd Party Ethernet & broadband access products, MEF services (E-LAN, E-tree , E-Line.), Internet peering & transit, RIPE, IPv6 and NFV.
• Architectural skillset in IP/MPLS technologies and services. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrable security best practice awareness across service provider IP/MPLS domains.
• Familiar with Traffic and KPI indicators on IP/MPLS Networks
• Understanding of key IP/MPLS operational and/or IP/MPLS network design requirements.
• Good background on Hw and Sw characteristics and lifecycle, in depth understanding of features and how they work in real environment
• Familiar with Traffic and KPI indicators on IP Networks.
• Competent with AWS Cloud infrastructure and services, Infrastructure as Code specifically Terraform scripts
• Experience with Containers - Docker, Kubernetes
• Develop and implement CI/CD pipelines
• Knowledge of scripting languages to create well organised, readable and tested code to deliver within the constraints of continuous integration and delivery environments
Must Have• 5 or more years of Technical experience across on networking and integration components in terms of architecture, design , implementation and testing
• CCIE (or equivalent) certification preferred